NTI Teacher Assistance
Chief Information Officer
Greta Casto: Chief Information Officer/District Technology Coordinator
Ashley Dillon: Network Administrator
Sam Malone: District Technician
James McCracken: District Technician
Office is located:
Russell Independent Central Office
908 Powell Lane
Flatwoods, KY 41139
Phone (606) 836-2090
Tips for Data Security PPT
How's your Password?
Can Strong Passwords be Fun?
Technology supports the strong tradition and goals of excellence that the Russell Independent Schools system has fostered over the years. Our mission states, "We will commit resources and staff to enable students to develop the necessary skills that empower all students to pursue academic excellence as demonstrated in achievement of state and national standards." Our district is therefore committed to capitalizing on all available funding sources to ensure the priorities established by our district are accomplished. The vision for the Technology Program at Russell Independent Schools is to support our schools in accomplishing the district's mission, while integrating 21st Century technology that will empower the learning community to become information-literate critical thinkers and achieve lifelong learning goals in their personal, educational, and workplace environment.
Student Technology Leadership Program
The Mission of the Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP) is to advance the individual capabilities of students; to motivate all students; and to create leadership opportunities through the use of tehnology.
STLP Six Goals
- The STLP will develop activities which enhance the academic, social, and emotional growth of the student.
- The STLP will provide leadership opportunities for all students.
- The STLP will participate in multi-age collaboration by forming innovative learning partnerships.
- The STLP will form learning partnerships among students with different technology skills.
- The STLP will develop activities which benefit communities.
- The STLP will develop instructional activities which integrate technology and benefit the school and supports KETS (Kentucky Education Technology System.)
Further information can be found about Kentucky's STLP by visiting their site.
Russell Independent's Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP) is active in all schools in our district. Students present and compete at local, regional and state levels. Russell-McDowell Intermediate and Russell Primary are Gold Schools, and Russell Middle School is a Silver School. If you are interested in learning more about this program or would like to participate in this project-based program, you may contact Greta Casto.
NTI Help for Teachers
Student Login Troubles
The first thing to try is the following: How to open an Incognito Window
Parents and students may call the central office from 8-3 (606) 836-9679 if they are experiencing trouble or may email email@example.com after hours
Beginner's Guide to Screencastify
Ideas for use: Video message about their assignment for the day--or answering questions that have arisen from previous assignments. Videos can be 5 minutes long with the free version. That is long enough to explain a problem in Math, Do a Read Aloud with an Elementary class, Give a Writing Prompt, etc. You get the idea. Students can also create Screencastify videos using their google account (school email).
Interactive web conference tool. available for free for limited time
- Forms & Documents
- Digital Citizenship
- Join a Listserv
- KET Encyclomedia
- Level of Teaching Innovation (LoTi)
- Purchasing Microsoft Office from Home
- Quick Reference Guides (Create a free account)
- School Dude Technical Assistance Request
- STLP Events & Deadlines
- STLP Resources
- STLP Showcase Information
- Tech Tips