Greenup Beacon - Education in Action

BEACON'S BEST - 12/5/17


Jake Horne


Jake Horne is a hard-working, polite, and gifted young man.  His involvement at RHS extends beyond the classroom.  He is a member of the archery team, the choir, where he sings in a barbershop quartet.  He enjoys reading and writing fiction all while holding down a part-time job at the KYOVA Movie Theater.  He has a great work ethic in and out of school and is always very positive.

They say 90% of life is "showing up".  While we agree with this, the other 10% is "following through".  A couple of years ago, the front office was looking for students to lead the Pledge of Alligiance - while many students volunteer from time to time - it was Jake Horne that stepped up to the plate and "shows up" and "follows through" every day.  He has an excellent speaking voice and more importantly, is loyal to his commitment.  He is dependable and is the very one that gets Russell High School off to a great start every morning.  One could say he pledges to do his best and takes his allegiance seriously.  Thank you Jake Horne for being Russell High's BEACON'S BEST!

Back to School News      Print News Article