Russell Area Technology Center - "The BEST place to be!"
Join our RussellATC Remind: @russelltec
Starting, September 28th, we are having in-person classes. The following schedule will be followed in our school to get started:
9/28 - 9th Grade Only
9/29 - 9th & 10th Grades Only
9/30 thru May - Everyone
We will still have Fall Break, October 2 - 5th. Classes resume on Oct. 6th with everyone.
Students, faculty/staff, and visitors will follow the Healthy @ School guidelines, which are as follows:
- Faculty/staff, students, and all visitors must wear a mask at all times. Masks must cover wearer’s nose and mouth completely.
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrival for all faculty/staff, students and visitors. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to stay at school. Students with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be placed in our isolation room (kitchen or copy room) and Nurse Jenny Bates will be contacted for further consultation. Student’s parents will be contact to pick up student ASAP.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all classrooms, hallways, restroom areas, and front office of the school. Students will be encouraged to use it upon entry and exit of classrooms and our building.
- Do NOT consume hand sanitizer. It is poisonous.
- When our school is in session with in-person instruction occurring, parents and students will have the option of attending school in-person or virtually. Virtual students will be allowed to come to the RATC to their scheduled class to practice skills and meet with their teacher. Teachers will create a schedule for virtual students to follow for coming into our building.
- Below are some pictures from our building. WE are ready for our students! Thank you, Mr. Roy, for placing all of our floor stickers and signs throughout the building! Can't wait for our students' return!!!
The State Enrollment Forms Packet for all 20-21 RATC students must be completed and returned to the RATC. If you have not already completed and returned these forms to the RATC, please do so as quickly as possible. Please click this link to the enrollment forms packet for your convenience.
Students: Are you struggling to login to EDMODO? Don't despair! Watch this quick video from Mrs. Phipps showing you how! Thanks so much, Mrs. Phipps!!!
MNA Students: Please return the forms packet ASAP! Without this packet, you cannot participate in Medicaid Nurse Aide Program. We must turn those documents into the State.
Email: Please check your school email account. The link to your school email can be found on your high school's webpage under the "Student" drop-down menu. Teachers will be communicating with you through your school email.
Dual Credit - Due to the virtual start to our school year, we are not offering dual credit courses this fall. Our dual credit will be offered during the spring semester only this year. We will be sharing enrollment, course selection, and dual credit scholarship application information, but this will not take place until late September/early October.
Visit our "Building Teachers & Departments" link above to watch your teacher's Introduction/Welcome Video. This is the place for you to view our Program Courses, Industry Certification/End of Program Testing, as well as meet your teacher virtually!
The vision of the Kentucky Board of Education is that each and every student is empowered and equipped with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to pursue a successful future. Students moving to the next educational level or graduating from high school should be prepared to succeed in the next stage in their lives.
Kentucky’s new accountability system supports this vision. One focus of the new accountability system is the development of students who are well-rounded, transition-ready, and prepared with knowledge, skills and essential dispositions to succeed in the next educational setting or career pathway. Students ready for the next level are transition ready. Transition readiness is just one of six indicators in the new system that will be included at the high school levels.
Russell Independent Schools' Mission Statement:
Our mission is to inspire and empower all
students to reach their maximum potential:
one student, one lesson, one day at a time.
KY TECH Russell Area Technology Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The programs offered at the Russell Area Technology Center include:
- Business & Marketing
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design
- Computer Science
- Health Science
For more information contact:
Stacey Thompson, Principal
Russell Area Technology Center
705 Red Devil Lane, Russell, KY 41169